- raised £0.00
- Goal £3,000.00
- Day left 3551 day(s) to end
Sponsor a Pony – Christmas Appeal 2020
Our Christmas Appeal offers our friends an opportunity to help keep Muirfield Riding Therapy’s service secure. Contributing to funding the care of our specially trained therapy ponies will help guarantee our life-changing therapeutic riding sessions in the months and years ahead. Please consider becoming Johnny’s pony sponsor this Christmas.
If you would like to sponsor Johnny this Christmas, see our sponsor packages below.
Name: Johnny, Born: 2006, Arrived at MRT: 2016, Gender: Gelding, Height: 14.2hh, Breed: Connemara, Colour: Grey
Hi, I’m Johnny and I came to Muirfield Riding Therapy thanks to the generosity of the family of one of my Riders, Robert. Robert’s Dad Colin works for Bouygues UK (www.bouygues-uk.com) and they very kindly funded my arrival. I’m fieldmates with Raiden and Uist, we are ‘The Boys’!
I love working with my Riders in the Arena and out on the Farm trails when the weather is sunny. I’m quite tall, but not too wide so I’m perfect for our teen and young adult riders.I’m quite tall, but not too wide so I’m perfect for our teen and young adult riders. I don’t like the rain much, so if it’s a wet day I can often be found staying nice and dry in my field shelter!
Our physiotherapists say:
“Johnny is used for adults and children. He has been very well schooled in his past life. His movement is smooth. His good manners mean that he is an ideal pony for riders to begin independent riding i.e. off the lead rein”
Our riders and volunteers say:
“Johnny is THE most adorable pony. He’s kind, gentle and reliable in many ways both with me as his Sharer but also with our Riders. I get to see him with our Friday Session Riders and they love him too.”
“Johnny can sniff out a treat in your pockets and has even learnt how to unzip my pocket!!! What a clever pony!”
“Johnny is cool. He’s a special horse. I like riding him lots. I feel like a king because he’s always in front.”
Have you ridden Johnny? Tell us what you think – we’ll add your comment to his page!
All sponsor packages are for 12 months, and all our wonderful sponsors receive:
- NEW for this Christmas 2020 – a golden rosette of their chosen pony
- A thank you card from their chosen pony
- A sponsorship certificate
- An A5 photo of their chosen pony
- Pony Pals also receive a Pony Magnet of their chosen pony
- Make a one-off donation of £30
- Sign up to be a Pony Pal by clicking our ‘Donate’ button on this page
Pony Pal Monthly
- Pony Pal Monthly donors also receive a pony magnet of their chosen pony, and a keyring
- Make a regular monthly donation of £5 per month (£60pa).
- Sign up to be a Pony Pal Monthly by clicking our ‘Monthly Giving’ button on this page Important – Please remember to click to share your contact details with us on our Paypal donation page
- Family Friends also receive a goody bag – blue cotton bag, pony magnet, keyring and pen
- Make a one-off donation of £100
- Sign up to be a Family Friend, by clicking our ‘Donate’ button on this page
Any questions? Please get in touch to talk with us about how you or your organisation can help