- raised £0.00
- Goal £3,000.00
- Day left 3412 day(s) to end
Sponsor a Pony – Christmas Appeal 2020
Our Christmas Appeal offers our friends an opportunity to help keep Muirfield Riding Therapy’s service secure. Contributing to funding the care of our specially trained therapy ponies will help guarantee our life-changing therapeutic riding sessions in the months and years ahead. Please consider becoming Raiden’s pony sponsor this Christmas.
If you would like to sponsor Raiden this Christmas, see our packages below
Name: Raiden, Born: 2006, Arrived at MRT: 2012, Gender: Gelding, Height: 14.1hh, Breed: Irish Cob, Colour: Dapple Grey
Hello everyone, good to meet you.
I am a happy fellow. I love being in the field with my pony friends, ‘The Boys’, but sometimes I get a bit bossy, they soon let me know though! I am quite big and my riders say I am nice and comfortable to trot on. I am actually quite fast too.
My carers say I am a big softie with a lovely face and handsome dappled coat. I really enjoy meeting many characters out and about and getting a pat, and usually a word about how handsome I am. Aw, thanks guys!
Our physiotherapists say:
Raiden is used for adults and children. He has a pronounced three-dimensional movement which means he can decrease high tone in his rider when he walks slower and increase low tone in his rider if he walks fast.
Our riders and volunteers say:
“I like the way Raiden moves and I feel really tall when I ride”
“I like his colour and how smooth his coat is”
“I like trotting on Raiden, it’s hard work on my legs but it’s fun!”
“One of his funniest tricks is how he picks up his feed bucket (once he’s devoured the contents!) and carries it around with him – he once carried his bucket all the way back to his field!”
“He has to check out EVERY item in the world with his mouth ‘just in case’ it might be edible – loves his food just TOO MUCH! I can’t leave saddles, rugs, ANYTHING in his reach!”
Have you ridden Raiden? Tell us what you think – we’ll add your comment to his page!
All sponsor packages are for 12 months, and all our wonderful sponsors receive:
- NEW for Christmas 2020 – a golden rosette of their chosen pony
- A thank you card from their chosen pony
- A sponsorship certificate
- An A5 photo of their chosen pony
- Pony Pals also receive a Pony Magnet of their chosen pony
- Make a one-off donation of £30
- Sign up to be a Pony Pal by clicking our ‘Donate’ button on this page
Pony Pal Monthly
- Pony Pal Monthly donors also receive a pony magnet of their chosen pony, and a keyring
- Make a regular monthly donation of £5 per month (£60pa).
- Sign up to be a Pony Pal Monthly by clicking our ‘Monthly Giving’ button on this page Important – Please remember to click to share your contact details with us on our Paypal donation page
- Family Friends also receive a goody bag – blue cotton bag, pony magnet, keyring and pen
- Make a one-off donation of £100
- Sign up to be a Family Friend, by clicking our ‘Donate’ button on this page
Any questions? Please get in touch to talk with us about how you or your organisation can help