- raised £100.00
- Goal £3,000.00
- Day left 3552 day(s) to end
Sponsor a Pony – Christmas Appeal 2020
Our Christmas Appeal offers our friends an opportunity to help keep Muirfield Riding Therapy’s service secure. Contributing to funding the care of our specially trained therapy ponies will help guarantee our life-changing therapeutic riding sessions in the months and years ahead. Please consider becoming Uist’s pony sponsor this Christmas.
If you would like to sponsor Uist, see our sponsor packages below.
Name: Uist, Born: 1998, Arrived at MRT: 2015, Gender: Gelding, Height: 14.2hh, Breed: HIghland, Colour: Oatmeal Grey
Hello, I’m Uist. I’m named after an island in the Outer Hebrides, off the West Coast of Scotland, and I’m a big, Highland gelding. My colouring is known as ‘Oatmeal’, you know how much us Scots like our porridge!
I came to Muirfield Riding Therapy on loan from some very special friends to see how I liked it here. I love it and, thanks to funding from several very generous East Lothian Rotary Groups, I’m now officially part of the Therapy Pony team. A great big Thank You! I’d also like to say a big thank to the family and friends of Fred Lowrie who have been supporting me too.
I’m sturdy and reliable, and everyone thinks I’m a star – aw shucks!
Our physiotherapists say:
Uist is used for adults and children. He has a big rolling gait which has lots of uses but his unique job in MRT is for Backriding, where the physiotherapist sits on his back and the child sits in front of him. This is used when the rider has poor trunk control and can’t sit independently. For this activity, we need a very reliable, steady pony.
Our riders and volunteers say:
“Uist is a very good horse for me. He’s patient and he listens and responds to me. I really enjoy riding outside on Uist.”
“I’m lucky enough to be a Sharer of Uist who means the world to me. He is your typical Highland pony, very stoic and brave when he needs to be but he can be a cheeky boy and strong when he wants to be!”
“Uist is very entertaining. He loves splashing in puddles and getting me wet!”
“Sometimes he tries to eat grass when he shouldn’t. It is without a doubt one of his favourite things to do. He always has his eye on every blade of grass!”
“He is amazing at dressage and is always teaching me something new which is one of the reasons why I love him. To me, he is the best MRT pony but I suppose I’m a bit biased.”
Have you ridden Uist? Tell us what you think – we’ll add your comment to his page!
All sponsor packages are for 12 months, and all our wonderful sponsors receive:
- NEW for Christmas 2020 – a golden rosette of their chosen pony
- A thank you card from their chosen pony
- A sponsorship certificate
- An A5 photo of their chosen pony
- Pony Pals also receive a Pony Magnet of their chosen pony
- Make a one-off donation of £30
- Sign up to be a Pony Pal by clicking our ‘Donate’ button on this page
Pony Pal Monthly
- Pony Pal Monthly donors also receive a pony magnet of their chosen pony, and a keyring
- Make a regular monthly donation of £5 per month (£60pa).
- Sign up to be a Pony Pal Monthly by clicking our ‘Monthly Giving’ button on this page Important – Please remember to click to share your contact details with us on our Paypal donation page
- Family Friends also receive a goody bag – blue cotton bag, pony magnet, keyring and pen
- Make a one-off donation of £100
- Sign up to be a Family Friend, by clicking our ‘Donate’ button on this page
Any questions? Please get in touch to talk with us about how you or your organisation can help