Be part of it
Become a volunteer
IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE: please get in touch first to discuss our current volunteer recruitment process during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Find out what our volunteers love about MRT.
We need all sorts of people to run Muirfield Riding Therapy; we have volunteers from age 12 to age 86!
You don’t need any special equestrian skills to volunteer with us, we’ll take you through our training, with a mentor, at your own pace.
We operate 7 sessions each week. Did you know that most of our riding sessions are physio led and run entirely by our volunteers who are trained in the delivery of Individual Riders’ therapy plans?
Make a difference
Just 2-3 hours per week of your time can make a big difference to the lives of others. Each of our riding therapy sessions has a friendly Training Mentor who takes the new volunteer through a training schedule at their own pace, leading to an accredited RDA National Certificate. Training is backed up by our comprehensive Volunteer Handbook.
Experience is far less important than enthusiasm. Volunteers are trained in all aspects of running the charity,
- directly involved in the delivery of therapeutic riding sessions
- as part of a dynamic fundraising team
- helping with horse-care or administration
Volunteer Application Process
1. Please download;
Please note the following when filling in your application,
- We require two references; please let your chosen referees know we will be contacting them and require a response.
- Please ensure you complete your form in full, including full emergency contact information and, importantly, the section advising which session(s) you wish to volunteer at.
2. Check the times of the riding session which suits you. Then come on down on that day, at the start time of your chosen session, to our Arena at West Fenton, with your completed forms. We don’t operate a formal invitation process, and you don’t need to get in touch first, unless you have any queries.
The well being of our riders and volunteers is very important. We have various policies which are in place to protect us all. All our volunteers age 14 and up must be checked through Disclosure Scotland. We will take you through this next step after we receive your Application Form.
MRT volunteers, working together, keep the charity at the forefront of therapeutic riding. So whatever time you can spare, join the team now.