Be part of it
Become a volunteer
We need all sorts of people to run Muirfield Riding Therapy; we have volunteers from age 12 to age 86!
You don’t need any special equestrian skills to volunteer with us, we’ll take you through our training, with a mentor, at your own pace.
We operate 7 sessions each week. Did you know that most of our riding sessions are physio led and run entirely by our volunteers who are trained in the delivery of Individual Riders’ therapy plans?
Make a difference
Just 2-3 hours per week of your time can make a big difference to the lives of others. Each of our riding therapy sessions has a friendly Training Mentor who takes the new volunteer through a training schedule at their own pace, leading to an accredited RDA National Certificate. Training is backed up by our comprehensive Volunteer Handbook.
Experience is far less important than enthusiasm. Volunteers are trained in all aspects of running the charity,
- directly involved in the delivery of therapeutic riding sessions
- as part of a dynamic fundraising team
- helping with horse-care or administration
How to apply to be a Volunteer
1. Please download;
2. Email your completed application form which includes your self declaration and references, to our Personnel Coordinator All are confidential.
3. Our Personnel Coordinator will request your references. Once received, you will be invited to attend the next scheduled volunteer induction course.
The well being of our riders and volunteers is very important. We have various policies which are in place to protect us all. All our volunteers age 14 and up must be checked through Disclosure Scotland. We will take you through this next step after we receive your Application Form.
MRT volunteers, working together, keep the charity at the forefront of therapeutic riding. So whatever time you can spare, join the team now.